I'm a Mormon.I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Alright sorry it's been so long, I'll get used to this eventually. So this morning during my personal study, i came across a scripture and a corresponding member's blog which i thought deserved some credit and will be quoting a bit during this update.

The scripture I came across this morning was 1 Nephi 15: 35, which reads: "And there is a place prepared, yea, even that aawful bhell of which I have spoken, and the cdevil is the preparator of it; wherefore the final state of the souls of men is to dwell in the kingdom of God, or to be cast out because of that djustice of which I have spoken."

This got me thinking, is hell a place or a temporary mental state? As these two concepts are often confusing, I decided to look into an explanation that can clear things up. I then came across a blog posted by Bro. Bott. He pretty much points out that both are correct in their own way. While God created Hell as a place for the wicked, Satan is the ruler and tormentor of it; and is the cause of you being in that humbling state of mind until a time that you are willing to look to God for forgiveness.

Here is a link to his blog and the various scripture references he uses:
http://ldskyr.blogspot.com/2010/04/is-hell-physical-place-of-punishment-or.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mormon Channel